The Hepatobiliopancreatic Surgery Unit of the Hospital Universitario de La Princesa is a clinical group formed by hepatobiliopancreatic surgeons, medical and radiation oncologists, radiologists, interventional radiologists, gastroenterologists, and pathologists who work together in a multidisciplinary manner in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with hepatobiliopancreatic pathology and have a special dedication to patients with pancreatic cancer.
The goal of our unit is to provide personalized treatment for pancreatic cancer, offering the best available treatment to each of our patients. We have extensive experience in the diagnostic and therapeutic approach to pancreatic pathology, such as pancreatic cancer, neuroendocrine tumors and cystic lesions, among others. In addition, a large number of communications have been presented at national and international congresses and publications, as well as participation in clinical research projects in collaboration with other groups.
The main research areas of the group are:
- Surgical treatment of pancreatic carcinoma and its complications: pancreatic fistula.
- Minimally invasive approaches to hepatobiliopancreatic pathology.
- Identification of prognostic and predictive factors for response to chemotherapy.
- Impact of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in subjects with pancreatic cancer.
- Evaluation of quality of life in patients undergoing surgery for pancreatic cancer.